Deciding to call a bankruptcy lawyer and declaring bankruptcy is one of the most difficult decisions a person can make. At The Law Offices of David Brunelle, we will help you make the decision and the ensuing process far easier than most people can imagine.
In many cases, pursuing Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 Bankruptcy is a better option than credit counseling alone, because you can:
- Emerge debt (and stress) free
- Avoid foreclosure
- Protect assets
- Stop lawsuits
- Stop creditor calls and letters
It is human nature to not want to think of one’s financial troubles and to avoid the question of bankruptcy. But waiting too long to call a bankruptcy lawyer can make the situation worse and be extremely stressful with mounting creditor phone calls, notices, and even threats of foreclosure or litigation. We are located in Holyoke, MA and Suffield, CT, and our legal team will help lessen the stress of filing for bankruptcy.
The truth is you should call us today to learn about your options if you are:
- Struggling to pay bills.
- Borrowing from one credit card to pay off another.
- Your home is up for foreclosure or is being foreclosed.
- Having to decide between paying your credit card bill or your mortgage.
Our process works like this:
- Step one is a simple phone call. Attorney David Brunelle will tell you immediately if it makes sense to set up a meeting.
- Step two is a complimentary 30-minute consultation with David to review your financial situation and learn about your options and the pros and cons of filing for bankruptcy. It is at this point that we’ve heard countless clients say, “I’ll be able to sleep tonight for the first time in a long time.”
- If you decide to file, as your bankruptcy lawyer, David will review the process in detail including all fees.
- Next, you’ll receive a package containing:
- A list of all documents that we’ll need.
- A list of credit counselors because a counseling certificate is required to enter and then emerge from bankruptcy status.
- An expense sheet to complete.
- Information about the different chapters of bankruptcy.
At this point in the process, you can tell your creditors to call our office. Most bankruptcy attorneys will not begin taking calls from creditors until after all fees are paid in full. Our philosophy is that the more we help to reduce your stress, the sooner you’ll be able to pay the fees necessary to file for bankruptcy and begin down the road to becoming debt free.
- Once your payment is made and the documentation is complete, we prepare the paperwork and set up a meeting with you to sign the Bankruptcy Petition.
- We then file the bankruptcy papers with the courts. You will soon receive a letter with your docket number and date and time for a meeting with the Trustee. We take care of everything and answer all your questions every step of the way.
- In the end, you’ll be debt free.
[service_box title=”” subtitle=”” icon=”no” text=”Check out our Bankruptcy FAQ’s to get answers on some common questions:” btn_text=”bankruptcy faqs” btn_link=”https://davidbrunellelaw.com/bankruptcy-faqs/” btn_size=”normal” target=”_blank” custom_class=”type_2″]
If you live in Western Massachusetts or Northern Connecticut and are in need of a Bankruptcy Lawyer, contact The Law Offices of David Brunelle. We will make the bankruptcy process easy and stress-free for you. Contact us today by calling 413-539-5959 or email Attorney Brunelle at email@example.com.
Attorney David Brunelle handles personal injury cases in Western MA, including East Longmeadow, Springfield, and Chicopee, and in Northern CT, including Suffield, Enfield, and Somers.